Recipe by CL_USA
This is yummy. My wife wanted a snack one late night and because of a lack of ingredients, I had to improvise. Makes a tasty quick snack! Try it with broccoli or grilled chicken strips.
Top Review by Digigirl
***Update*** We add about a half cup of ground beef to this for a heartier meal and use marinara sauce in place of the tomato sauce and spices. Quick, easy and tasty! ***Original Review*** Super easy to make and very yummy. My boyfriend keeps asking for this over and over. Thanks!
- 1 flour tortilla
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high.
- Add olive oil.
- When skillet is heated, put tortilla in pan (make sure to move tortilla around in pan to spread out oil, if it stays in one place).
- Add mozzarella cheese, then herbs, spices and optional ingredients to one half of tortilla.
- Fold tortilla over onto ingredients.
- Use a lid from a large pot or skillet to cover (helps to melt cheese faster).
- Cook for about 30-45 seconds, or until tortilla starts to get light brown spots.
- Flip tortilla, cover and cook for an additional 30-45 seconds, also until light brown spots.
- Serve hot.