Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I took inspiration from two places. A local Pizzeria that makes a mean Calzone, and a great recipe for a make ahead pocket here on recipezaar that has been a hit with my family again & again. I use generic ingredients when possible, though the nutritional info sometimes only works here when name brands are used. Also, the units used are whole packages, so you shouldn't be left with extra, or you can reduce it accordingly. All in all, this is an inexpensive, portable, easy meal to make for the family. It has been a real hit. Credit to the other Recipezaar inspiration, Chicken Cordon Bleu Pockets.
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray aluminum pan, or cookie sheet, or glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- chop pepperoni.
- shred cheeses.
- mix all ingredients (except crescent rolls, of course).
- Unroll crescent rolls, place two together to form a rectangle.
- Place 1 level melon baller scoop (about a rounded or generous tablespoon) in the middle of the pocket.
- Fold one corner of the dough over to the other corner of the dough, seal the edges with a fork, making a pocket.
- Place pockets side by side in pan. It is okay, the sides can touch, wiggle them in there.
- You will wind up having several pans of these. If you have to keep reusing the same pans, just fill the pockets as they are ready to go into the oven, and leave the mix in the fridge. Either way, only bake them on one shelf of the oven. I found baking them on two shelves resulted in the bottoms of one set being undercooked and taking longer.
- Cook about 15 minutes. Check them. If they require a bit longer or a turn for a hot spot in your oven, do so, but check them every 1-2 minutes at this point, as they should be nearly done at this point.
- They are ready to eat now. Each person usually eats about two.
- For storing, bag each in a freezer safe baggie. They both refrigerate and freeze well and heat well in the microwave, though if you are microwaving from completely frozen, I'd use medium heat to defrost/heat them.
Yum Yum. Thanks for the recipe.
Umm i just have to say that your calzones have to many calories and cholsetrol please make another recipe that has less of these items. <:(