1/3 Photos of Calzone (Bread Machine)
1 hr 5 mins
You can create your own fillings for this very easy calzone. I don't use the pepperoni, but substitute cooked, chopped spinach. You can also add sauteed onions and peppers, olives, ricotta cheese...etc. I have also made small individual calzones to dip in Marinara Sauce...heaven! Kids love these.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon powdered milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 4 ounces pepperoni, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Place water, salt, basil, oregano, garlic powder, bread flour, dry milk, sugar, and yeast in the pan of the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- 2Select Dough cycle.
- 3After cycle ends, roll out dough on a lightly floured surface, shaping into a 16 x 10 inch rectangle.
- 4Transfer to a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 5In a small bowl, mix together chopped pepperoni and mozzarella.
- 6Spoon pizza sauce in a stripe down the center of dough lengthwise; add sausage and cheese filling.
- 7Make diagonal cuts 1 1/2 inches apart down each side, cutting within a 1/2 inch of the filling.
- 8Criss cross strips over filling, sealing with water.
- 9Brush top with melted butter.
- 10You can just fold over the sides without cutting the strips to make this process easier.
- 11It will taste just as good, but not look as nice.
- 12Be sure to seal the edges well.
- 13Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calzone (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.2
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.1 mg
- Sodium 704.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 12.9 g