Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Pizza is rarely associated with healthy eating. But this version is cheap and under 300 calories. I use Robinsons apple hi juice squash for the apple concentrate. I also make up batches of tomato sauce and freeze them in 4 tbsp bags ready for use in recipes such as this.
- 10 g fresh yeast
- 2 drops apple juice concentrate
- 100 g plain flour
- 100 g whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons pasta sauce (homemade or shop bought)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 125 ml water
- 40 g Baby Spinach
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 lightly beaten egg
Directions See How It's Made
- mix yeast and apple conc with 1 tbsp warm water.
- mix flours and make a well in the centre. Into it put the oil, salt, yeast and water. Knead to form a soft dough.
- rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
- divide dough in four and roll into a 8 inch circle. spread 1 tbsp tomato sauce on the dough and sprinkle with 1/2 parsley. arrange the mushrooms, spinach and artichoke on one side of the pizza.
- Mix the ricotta with the egg and spoon 1/4 over the fillings. Fold over and crimp the edges to seal.
- Repeat for the other three dough balls.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, best served hot.