Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Got this recipe from the paper. It's a great summer time treat for my coffee loving DH. For a good breakfast beverage, omit the rum and substitute yogurt for ice cream.
- 1⁄2 cup extra-strength brewed coffee, chilled or room temperature
- 1 small ripe banana, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup coffee ice cream or 3⁄4 cup vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons light rum or 2 tablespoons dark rum (optional)
- ground cinnamon (to garnish)
- In a blender, combine the coffee and banana and process until smooth.
- Add the ice cream and rum, if desired.
- Blend at high speed until thick and smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass and sprinkle with cinnamon.