Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sweet shrimp set on a bed of black bean salsa. (From Suzanne H.)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion (2 to 3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel, for salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel, for shrimp
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Prepare the bean salsa by mixing the first 7 ingredients; set aside.
- Mix the remaining ingredients except the shrimp in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the shrimp.
- Spray a 10-inch nonstick skillet with non-stick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook the shrimp mixture in the skillet, turning shrimp once, until pink.
- Divide the salsa among 4 serving plates.
- Arrange shrimp on the salsa.