Sweet shrimp set on a bed of black bean salsa. (From Suzanne H.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion (2 to 3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel, for salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel, for shrimp
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3/4 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1Prepare the bean salsa by mixing the first 7 ingredients; set aside.
- 2Mix the remaining ingredients except the shrimp in a medium bowl.
- 3Stir in the shrimp.
- 4Spray a 10-inch nonstick skillet with non-stick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- 5Cook the shrimp mixture in the skillet, turning shrimp once, until pink.
- 6Divide the salsa among 4 serving plates.
- 7Arrange shrimp on the salsa.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calypso Shrimp W/ Black Bean Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.0
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 129.3 mg
- Sodium 129.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 24.8 g