You'll enjoy these succulent and delicious shrimp at your next party. Look for salt-cured prosciutto in gourmet and Italian markets and large supermarkets. Courtesy of Better Homes Prizewinning Recipes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut prosciutto into 1/2 inch wide by 7 inch long strips.
- 2Soak thirty 6-inch skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a shallow dish combine honey and ginger and set aside.
- 4In another shallow dish combine peanuts and coconut and set aside.
- 5Drain skewers. thread shrimp lengthwise on skewers at tail end until they are straight.
- 6Brush each shrimp with honey mixture.
- 7Roll in coconut mixture wrap a piece of prosciutto around each shrimp.
- 8If grilling, cook shrimp until opaque.
- 9If cooking in oven, preheat to 375 degrees and bake 4 to 6 minutes.
- 10Stir together créme fraîche, lime peel, and enough lime juice to make the desired consistency.
Browse Our Top Hawaiian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calypso Shrimp Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.3
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.9 mg
- Sodium 146.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: