Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
You'll enjoy these succulent and delicious shrimp at your next party. Look for salt-cured prosciutto in gourmet and Italian markets and large supermarkets. Courtesy of Better Homes Prizewinning Recipes!
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2⁄3 cup shredded coconut
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 7 ounces creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- lime juice
- Cut prosciutto into 1/2 inch wide by 7 inch long strips.
- Soak thirty 6-inch skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow dish combine honey and ginger and set aside.
- In another shallow dish combine peanuts and coconut and set aside.
- Drain skewers. thread shrimp lengthwise on skewers at tail end until they are straight.
- Brush each shrimp with honey mixture.
- Roll in coconut mixture wrap a piece of prosciutto around each shrimp.
- If grilling, cook shrimp until opaque.
- If cooking in oven, preheat to 375 degrees and bake 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir together créme fraîche, lime peel, and enough lime juice to make the desired consistency.
Not easy, but Very Yummy !
This recipe deserves way more than 5 stars, I made this over the weekend on my outdoor grill and I cannot wait to make it again, these were devoured in no time flat! I made this using prosciutto but next time I am going to try it with wide bacon strips, thanks for sharing this great recipe hon!...Kitten:)