Recipe by Judedeva
This rice is good in the winter to bring a hint of the Caribbean to your life! My family especially likes it with Sweet and Spicy Pork Cubes.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I made this rice for the Judeva cookathon, it was good, but there was just something missing, although I increased the turmeric, I think it could have even used more (just personal taste) I also felt it needed more heat. I also added in fresh minced garlic, I will make again, and mabey add in some sliced almonds. Thanks for sharing...Kittencal:)
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth and pineapple juice to a boil over high heat.
- Add remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered for 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff rice with a fork and serve with fresh parsley prinkled on top, if desired.