Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This rice is good in the winter to bring a hint of the Caribbean to your life! My family especially likes it with Sweet and Spicy Pork Cubes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth and pineapple juice to a boil over high heat.
- Add remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered for 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff rice with a fork and serve with fresh parsley prinkled on top, if desired.
I made this rice for the Judeva cookathon, it was good, but there was just something missing, although I increased the turmeric, I think it could have even used more (just personal taste) I also felt it needed more heat. I also added in fresh minced garlic, I will make again, and mabey add in some sliced almonds. Thanks for sharing...Kittencal:)
This was very good. I put all the ingredients in my rice cooker, added more rice, and a touch of orange juice and it turned out delicious. Thanks!
This was a tasty and pretty rice dish. My non-onion eating fiance didn't even realize there were onions in it; I couldn't taste them either. The "picky boys" didn't like it, but then, they don't like most things except for pizza and cookies. I enjoyed both the appearance and flavor of this rice. Recipe was made as directed, except that I didn't use the parsley (didn't have any fresh). Thank you for a change of pace from boring old white rice.