Top Review by James Craig
Awesome!!! My wife and I really enjoy rice dishes, this was extraordinary!! We will definitely make this again. My wife and I do not care for green bell pepper, however I went ahead and used an entire red one. I think next time I will put some green onions in for flavor and appearance. Good job!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth and pineapple juice to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for five minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff rice with a fork and serve with fresh parsley sprinkled on top.