1/1 Photo of Calypso Rice
1 hr 10 mins
Colorful Caribbean vegetable paella side dish adapted from a National Honey Board Recipe Side dish to Caribbean Honey-Spiced Amberjack with Mango Salsa
My Private Note
1 cup s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups saffron rice mix
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 4 cups mustard greens, finely chopped
- 2 cups summer squash, chopped
- 1 cup fresh tomato, chopped f
- 1In a large saucepan with tight-fitting lid, heat oil over medium heat. Add rice; cook and stir 3 minutes or until rice be-gins to brown.
- 2Add honey, garlic, salt and thyme; cook and stir 1 minute.
- 3Add broth, Tabasco, greens, squash and tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cover and re-duce heat to low.
- 4Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- 5Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calypso Rice
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.9
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 984.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
saffron rice mix