Recipe by kellychris
The colors of the ingredients in this particular dish are quite festive and very delicious.
Top Review by PaulaG
A very attractive side dish. This was made the night before and the flavors blended beautifully. I was a little shy on the red pepper but added in a couple of diced radishes for additional color and flavor. Instead of canned beans, I used Simple Black Beans (Recipe #248544). This is a great dish for a potluck. Made for Vivacious Violets during ZWT #7.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1 small fresh jalepeno chili, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper