The colors of the ingredients in this particular dish are quite festive and very delicious.
Make and share this Calypso Corn recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1 small fresh jalepeno chili, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine the corn, beans, bell pepper, jalepeño, cilantro, lime juice, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Cover and chill 1 hour or overnight to combine flavors.
A very attractive side dish. This was made the night before and the flavors blended beautifully. I was a little shy on the red pepper but added in a couple of diced radishes for additional color and flavor. Instead of canned beans, I used Simple Black Beans (Simple Black Beans). This is a great dish for a potluck. Made for Vivacious Violets during ZWT #7.
Certainly scrumptious! And colorful! And tasteful! And easy! What else could you ask for? I love the lime juice and agree, that is a must...could of eaten the whole freakin' bowl. But...alas didn't. Thanks dear Kelly for posting this! Made for ZWT 7
This was simple and good. I loved how all of the flavors complemented each other. Fresh lime juice is a must. Thanks kellychris for a nice side. Made for ZWT7 for Emerald City Shakers.