Recipe by Ancel
This started as coconut Cocada, a 'zaar recipe from Sharon123, but here in the tropics it's difficult to get candies to set, and so my results soon became the base for a new recipe. This is a sweet, dense, coconut bar full of flavour and filling enough to serve as a desert in itself.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups fresh coconut (grated)
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- First boil sugar and lime juice to 230 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and add coconut, stirring hard.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix in salt, flour and egg.
- Pour into 9 inch square tray and bake at 350 degrees for 15 - 18 minutes until lightly browned.
- Mark into 16 squares while still warm.