Recipe by anola
I like this chicken because of the taste of the cilantro, lime and hot pepper. I got this recipe from the local paper many years ago. It is also very low in calories
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 hot chili peppers, sliced or 1 any hot pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, saute chicken breasts in oil until no longer pink, turning once.
- Remove chicken to platter; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl,, combine chicken broth, lime juice and cornstarch.
- Mix well.
- In drippings remaining in skillet, saute onions, red pepper, garlic and hot pepper 2 minutes or until tender crisp, stirring often.
- Add chicken broth mixture; heat to boiling.
- boil 2-3 minutes.
- Add cilantro.
- Return chicken to skillet; heat through.
- 171 calories per serving.