Recipe by mickeydownunder
LOVE things E-X-O-T-I-C, UNUSUAL too, This recipe is DEFINATELY that, TRUE! Brings island cuisine, not too difficult to do, HOPE it brings out the CALYPSO in YOU!
Top Review by MeliBug
mmm these truly were exotic flavors in a steak! I used filet mignon steaks, my fav! I let it marinate for about 6 hours and the steak truly absorbed the flavors!!! i really liked the combination of flavors in the marinade! it was very different from any other steak marinade i've tried! but i really truly enjoyed it! and so did my fam, friend, and boyfriend! we all gave it 5 stars!!! made for recipe swap 17
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (Fresh or Store Bought)
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice (Can Substitute Ground Cloves)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic (Can vary to taste -- Fresh or Store Bought in Jar)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef tenderloin
Directions See How It's Made
- COMBINE all ingedients (Except Beef) in bowl and WHISK until well blended.
- In Zip Lock Bag, Place BEEF and above combined ingredients and marinade AT LEAST 30 minutes in the refrigerator; Can be overnight.
- Remove steaks from marinate and reserve marinade; Cook to desired doneness however you wish to do; BROIL, BBQ Plate etc, basting them frequently with marinate; Approximately 5-8 minutes each side.