Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
LOVE things E-X-O-T-I-C, UNUSUAL too, This recipe is DEFINATELY that, TRUE! Brings island cuisine, not too difficult to do, HOPE it brings out the CALYPSO in YOU!
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (Fresh or Store Bought)
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice (Can Substitute Ground Cloves)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic (Can vary to taste -- Fresh or Store Bought in Jar)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef tenderloin
- COMBINE all ingedients (Except Beef) in bowl and WHISK until well blended.
- In Zip Lock Bag, Place BEEF and above combined ingredients and marinade AT LEAST 30 minutes in the refrigerator; Can be overnight.
- Remove steaks from marinate and reserve marinade; Cook to desired doneness however you wish to do; BROIL, BBQ Plate etc, basting them frequently with marinate; Approximately 5-8 minutes each side.
mmm these truly were exotic flavors in a steak! I used filet mignon steaks, my fav! I let it marinate for about 6 hours and the steak truly absorbed the flavors!!! i really liked the combination of flavors in the marinade! it was very different from any other steak marinade i've tried! but i really truly enjoyed it! and so did my fam, friend, and boyfriend! we all gave it 5 stars!!! made for recipe swap 17
Wow, I've never made such a wet marinade before but it works. The flavour was all the way through our Scotch Fillet or Rib Eye steaks. I probably left it in for just over an hour. Any longer and my steak would have been too soft although a tougher cut can probably take it. We like our steak rare so a quick grill on the BBQ and it was done. Didn't get a chance to baste with the rest of the marinade but it didn't need it. BTW, I served this with Unbelievably Delicious Macaroni Pie for a full Caribbean experience! Should have had a little rum punch with it too! :)
I marinated my roast for about 2 hours and then placed it in the crockpot to cook. The flavors were a lot more subtle than I expected so a large piece of meat might need an overnight soak. Some thought the spice combination "okay" and other "very good", so I split the difference and went with 3 stars. Thanks for playing the Camera-less Chef Game #4, mickey!