Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
the key is to start with cold rice...after that its hard to mess up!! (unless you over do it with the soy sauce) i learned the base of this great recipe from my boyfriend and tweeked it a bit.
- 6 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 green onion (white & green parts)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 boneless pork chops
- 1 (6 ounce) can peas, drained
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- in a large skillet or wok fry bacon until crisp, crumble & reserve about half of the fat, set aside.
- in a smaller skillet or on a bbq, cook chops until just done, cube into 1x1 inch pieces, set aside.
- crack eggs into a bowl & beat lightly.
- add seasame oil to bacon fat in wok or skillet & heat on med-high.
- add the carrots & saute for 1 minute.
- add the onion, garlic and cold rice, don't over stir or you'll break down the rice.
- once rice starts to brown (10 minutes) add bacon & pork chops.
- move rice to one side of the pan & pour beaten eggs onto the other side of the pan, let cook stirring occasionally for 1 minute, coarsely chop with spatula and mix gently into rice.
- add peas and let rice sit for 5 minutes without stirring.
- after 5 minutes use a spatula to flip rice & cook other side for 5 more minutes.
- finish off with soy sauce & seasame seeds.