Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Rich and delicious. This recipe come from Albert Stockli and his cookbook called Splendid Fare published in 1970. He was the first chef of The Four Seasons in New York City.
- 8 slices calf liver (thin 1 1/2 ounce slices)
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Dust the liver and avocado slices with flour and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Heat two saute pans.
- Melt 4 Tbsps of butter in each.
- In one pan quickly saute the liver slices and in the other saute the avocado slices about 1/2 minute on each side.
- Arrange the liver slices on a heated plate, alternating with avocado slices.
- In the pan in which the liver was sauteed, add 4 Tbsp butter, chopped chives, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Saute and stir until the butter is lightly browned. Pour the sauce over the liver and avocados and serve immediately.