Recipe by MizzNezz
I think this dish has an undeserved reputation. When it's cooked up nice and crisp it's really wonderful. I had kids eating this like crazy, because I didn't tell them what it was!
Top Review by Terrilynn
Wonderful! So easy and quick to prepare and so delicious. I only made slight alterations. First I soaked the calves liver in milk - why - because my Mother said so - she's almost 90 and I'm not about to argue. I then followed your recipe. Besides the onions I added bacon like it has come served in some restaurants when I've ordered it out. I served it with creamed spinach and baked potatoes with butter, sour cream, bacon bits, and a little shredded cheese. I think calves liver gets a bum rap probably because the name prohibits people from trying it. It's great folks - give it a chance. Thanks for the recipe, now I can make it at home.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut liver in small serving size pieces.
- Salt and pepper pieces.
- In a 12 inch skillet heat vegetable oil.
- Make sure it is good and hot (I use medium high).
- Lightly roll pieces in flour.
- Saute in hot oil till brown on one side, turn and brown the other side.
- About 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add onions to skillet and fry about 5 minutes till crisp tender.
- Put onions over liver and serve.