1/5 Photos of Calves Liver and Onions
I think this dish has an undeserved reputation. When it's cooked up nice and crisp it's really wonderful. I had kids eating this like crazy, because I didn't tell them what it was!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut liver in small serving size pieces.
- 2Salt and pepper pieces.
- 3In a 12 inch skillet heat vegetable oil.
- 4Make sure it is good and hot (I use medium high).
- 5Lightly roll pieces in flour.
- 6Saute in hot oil till brown on one side, turn and brown the other side.
- 7About 4 minutes per side.
- 8Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- 9Add onions to skillet and fry about 5 minutes till crisp tender.
- 10Put onions over liver and serve.
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calves Liver and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.2
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: