Recipe by mollypaul
Only the hind legs of the frog are eaten. An epicurean dish from the Southern chapter of the US Regional Cookbook, Chicago Culinary Arts Institute, 1947.
- 8 frog's legs
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup cracker, finely crushed
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water in a large saucepan; add salt and lemon juice.
- Skin the legs and scald for about two minutes; remove and dry.
- Season with salt and pepper; dip in beaten egg followed by cracker crumbs.
- Heat oil to 380°F and deep fat fry for three minutes.
- Serve while hot.