Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Calvados is an apple brandy. Make sure you coat the rims of the glasses with sugar to tame the drinks lemony potency. From Gourmet, October 2007
- 1 lemon wedge
- sugar, for the coating rims of glasses
- 1 1⁄2 ounces calvados
- 1⁄2 ounce orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Run lemon wedge around rims of 2 small Martini glasses to moisten.
- Spread sugar on a small plate and dip rims in sugar to coat.
- Fill shaker with ice and add Calvados, Cointreau and lemon juice.
- Shake vigorously 10 seconds, then strain into glasses.
YUM! This was even better than I thought it would be! Tart but just sweet enough to be perfect! The flavors here hit your mouth in different spots and make your taste buds take notice. I would make this again in a heart beat! Lemony and delicious! I used my Homemade Edible Glitter - Colored Salt or Sugar to rim the glass. MMMMMMM! Thank you for a GREAT recipe!
This one is very potent but has a great taste. I used Triple Sec as orange liqueur. But Grand Marnier could be a better option. The sugar on the glasses is a must. It's tart with a hint of sweet but like I said just a little hint. Thanks Mary :) Made for Market tag.