Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Instead of gravy for poultry, pork, etc. From New Mexico Magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup calvados (a type of French apple brandy)
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, in 1/2-inch cubes
- Put calvados, cider, and shallots in a saucepan.
- Bring to a rapid boil and simmer until volume is reduced by half.
- Strain out the shallots, return reduced liquid to pan.
- Bring to a boil and whisk in cream and butter just prior to serving.