Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is good with roast pork or chicken.
Make and share this Calvados (Apple Brandy) Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- Place the sugar in a medium-size heavy saucepan. Place over medium heat, and cook until sugar is golden (do not stir).
- Carefully add cider, stirring constantly (mixture will bubble vigorously).
- Stir in brandy; cook 1 minute.
- Add broth, lemon juice, nutmeg and salt.
- Combine water and cornstarch, stirring with a wire whisk; add to the gravy. Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Made without the optional salt and made with Marigold Swiss Bouillon Stock Cubes. I knew this was a winner when I looked at the ingredients, and I was not disappointed. A wonderful slightly sweet gravy with a bit of a kick.....we ate it with sticky apple pork chops, which was perfect as a combination. I did add the nutmeg, but might not bother next time, as I felt that the extra flavour was not needed, as the flavours were already rounded and well balanced. Thanks Mike! FT:-)