Recipe by Chef Michael Callahan
This mild, but flavorful salsa was a big hit at a recent catered event in Hooper Bay Alaska where it was served along side pineapple marinated BBQ halibut. The following week I served the same salsa with a grilled teriyaki salmon and had the same rave reviews.
Top Review by Brit in Texas
Wonderful salsa. The first time I made it because I wanted to do something different than regular chips and dip for a party and it was a huge success. This time I think it would be perfect to compliment the heat on our BBQ cajun fish tonight. Thanks for posting.
- 2 cups canned pineapple, minced and drained reserve liquid
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 anaheim chilies, roasted, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato (julienned )
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt