Recipe by Bergy
Great taste for a calorie wise recipe. Use canned tomatoes if you like.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
If I may say so, I had begun to make this when I realised I didnt have curry powder at home. So, back home in India, if we dont have curry powder, we use a combo of red chilli powder, turmeric powder, corriander powder and garam masala powder. I did just that:) I used 3/4 tsp. red chilli powder, 1 tsp. turmeric powder, 1 tsp. each of garam masala and corriander powder. It was a nice dish, I must also mention that it was indeed "Light". I used 1 1/2 fresh tomatoes instead of 1/2. And yes, 1 tsp. salt( was perfect for the 2 cups cauliflower, IMHO). Thank you for a nice calorie wise dish:)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 teaspoons lite olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 fresh tomato, peeled & chopped
- salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the cauliflower for 5 minutes, reserve 1/2 cup of the water.
- Put the oil in a saucepan and add onion& garlic, saute until soft.
- Stir in the curry, ginger and salt (if using).
- Add tomatoes, bring to a simmer.
- Add cauliflower and 1/2 cup of cauliflower water.
- Cover and simmer for 3 minutes (longer if you want your veggies well done).
- Remove cover to allow some of the liquid to evaporate.