Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I nice alternative to regular Cinnamon Coffee Cake. Swirling the spice in the center makes the Coffee Cake very attractive. I found this in a Splenda cookbook.
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups Splenda granular
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 10 inch tube pan or non-stick Bundt pan with cooking oil spray.
- Sift cake flour, baking powder, and soda into medium bowl.
- In large bowl, cream softened butter with electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add Splenda Granular and egg. Mix until smooth.
- Add egg substitute and vanilla; mix 30 seconds.
- Add applesauce and 1/2 cup sour cream; mix until smooth.
- Add sifted flour mixture and beat at medium speed just until smooth.
- Add remaining sour cream and blend. Set aside.
- Spice Filling.
- Place 1 cup cake batter in a small bowl.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon; blend.
- Place 1/2 remaining cake batter into prepared pan. Top with spiced batter filling.
- Swirl with knife.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.