Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a pint jar; cover tightly and shake.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Shake before using.
- Green Onion Dressing: add 2 or 3 minced green onions.
- Poppy Seed Dressing: replace white vinegar with 1/2 cup cider vinegar; omit paprika.
- Add 1 teaspoon poppyseeds.
- Dilly Dressing: replace white vinegar with 1/2 cup malt vinegar.
- Omit paprika.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons dill seed.
I'm a big fan of oil & vinegar dressings, but oil is so high in calories/fat so I was looking for a substitute. I made the basic recipe and it's perfect! This is a great way to cut calories w/o cutting flavor. Thanks for sharing!
So great to find a dressing that fits the new diet i'm on (Dr. Poon). I omitted the salt and used apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar and eyeballed everything else, I also added green onions because i had them. It was great even without the salt.
Good, though a little weak. I think next time I'll add a tablespoon or two of cider vinegar for a little more flavor. And it being all liquid makes it a bit difficult to use.. but still I liked it. I like to cut calories if I can. =)