Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was originally posted as Crispy Eggplant, and it sounded delicious, but I have to be very conscious of my calorie and sodium intake, so I modified it to meet my needs.
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese, pureed in blender
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb eggplant, unpeeled
- Mix together cottage cheese, garlic, onion and salt in medium bowl and set aside.
- Mix together bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese and set aside in shallow dish.
- Slice eggplant into 1/2 inch sections. Spread each side of the slices with the cottage cheese mixture and then roll in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place on non-stick baking sheet and bake at 425 for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.