Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is simple, DELICIOUS and elegant. This chili can be served at a baby shower, birthday party, or any weekday evening. It has sweet and spicy seasonings with a hint of corriander and it will knock your socks off! It's best paired with gold tortilla chips and sharp cheddar cheese or it can be combined with those ingredients and turned into a deliciously comforting bake!
- 2 lbs ground meat, frozen (we used hamburger)
- 2 -3 cups water (plus an additional 3 cups, varies on size of cooking vessel)
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander seeds (we used seeds) or 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander powder (we used seeds)
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packetsmccormick chili seasoning mix (or make your own)
- Cook hamburger, medium-high heat, with 2-3 cups water and the buillion cubes until cooked through and the cubes are dissolved.
- Drain off the liquid and brown the beef over medium-high heat until it's reached desired color.
- Add beef to slow cooker.
- Slightly drain and rinse both cans of beans, add to cooker.
- Add both packets of chili seasoning (if using own add to desired taste).
- Add 1/4 tsp of corriander to ingredients in cooker.
- Add the additional water to the cooking vessel.
- Cook over medium-high for 6-8 hours until chili is thickened and ingredients are married together.