Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple cookie for when you are in the mood for chocolate and coconut but want something fresher than a candy bar that may have been sitting on the store shelves for three months, these are made with one of Californias favorite nuts, the Almond.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 36 whole blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper that has been lightly greased.
- In the microwave, melt the chocolate with the sweetened condensed milk, stirring after every minute of cook time. Microwave cook times vary; you know your oven better than I do, so no specific cook times; just until melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the coconut in a large bowl. Stir in the vanilla. Mix well until the coconut is completely coated.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet. Top each cookie with an almond, pressing down slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for ten to twelve minutes. Check at about 8 minutes though as the bottoms tend to burn easily. Double panning is a good idea if they still seem doughy but bottoms are done.
- Let cool on pan for one minute, then transfer to cooling rack and cool completely.
So good and easy. Made these on Saturday night to enjoy at the beach next day. Packed in an airtight container. Very sweet and delicious.