A simple cookie for when you are in the mood for chocolate and coconut but want something fresher than a candy bar that may have been sitting on the store shelves for three months, these are made with one of Californias favorite nuts, the Almond.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper that has been lightly greased.
- 3In the microwave, melt the chocolate with the sweetened condensed milk, stirring after every minute of cook time. Microwave cook times vary; you know your oven better than I do, so no specific cook times; just until melted and smooth.
- 4Pour the chocolate mixture over the coconut in a large bowl. Stir in the vanilla. Mix well until the coconut is completely coated.
- 5Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet. Top each cookie with an almond, pressing down slightly.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for ten to twelve minutes. Check at about 8 minutes though as the bottoms tend to burn easily. Double panning is a good idea if they still seem doughy but bottoms are done.
- 7Let cool on pan for one minute, then transfer to cooling rack and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Californias Almond Joy Cookie Balls
Serving Size: 1 (780 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.4
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.7 mg
- Sodium 34.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g