Recipe by JanetB-KY
A simple cookie for when you are in the mood for chocolate and coconut but want something fresher than a candy bar that may have been sitting on the store shelves for three months, these are made with one of Californias favorite nuts, the Almond.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 36 whole blanched almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper that has been lightly greased.
- In the microwave, melt the chocolate with the sweetened condensed milk, stirring after every minute of cook time. Microwave cook times vary; you know your oven better than I do, so no specific cook times; just until melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the coconut in a large bowl. Stir in the vanilla. Mix well until the coconut is completely coated.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet. Top each cookie with an almond, pressing down slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for ten to twelve minutes. Check at about 8 minutes though as the bottoms tend to burn easily. Double panning is a good idea if they still seem doughy but bottoms are done.
- Let cool on pan for one minute, then transfer to cooling rack and cool completely.