Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
easy summer fresh open face sandwich.
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chutney, your favourite
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce or 4 leaves boston lettuce or 4 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 3⁄4 lb slice deli chicken breast
- 1 1⁄3 cups fresh alfalfa sprouts
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 pear, cored and sliced
- 4 strawberries, fan sliced
- Combine the cream cheese and chutney and blend well.
- Spread one tablespoon on each bread slice.
- Place on a lettuce leaf.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the lettuce.
- Divide the chicken or turkey slices evenly and place ontop of the lettuce.
- Arrange the alfalfa sprouts neatly over top.
- Place nicely the sliced mango and the sliced pears, on top of the sprouts.
- Garnish each with a fanned out strawberry.
- Serve with ice tea.