Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This dish is a favorite from my mother-in-law and was a great way to get our kids to eat veggies when they were young. We recently stumbled across the recipe and fixed it again. Still as delicious as we remembered it.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green onions with top, sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 7 ounces diced green chilies
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Saute beef, zucchini, onions and seasonings in large, greased skillet until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender crisp, stirring frequently.
- Add green chilies, rice, sour cream and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 casserole.
- Arrange tomato slices on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.