Eye pleasing salad with a splash of orange flavor. I also serve this salad with pine nuts.
Make and share this California Wilted Spinach Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Thoroughly rinse spinach on cold water, remove stems.
- Dry with paper toweling or spin dry.
- To prepare dressing: Combine orange juice, vinegar, oil, zest, Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- Heat dressing just until it starts to boil.
- Toss spinach with hot dressings and bacon bits.
- Garnish with orange sections.
We really enjoyed this salad. The dressing has a very distinct flavor that isn't too sweet like some of the fruit dressings are. The orange taste is great with the spinach. I didn't use the bacon bits, and I added some toasted pecans. Very good, I will definitely make this again.
Very simple and very good! We loved the simple vinaigrette which was made even easier by microwaving until quite hot. Omitted the bacon since I was serving this with smoked turkey breast and Mashed Potatoes With Roasted Garlic and Herbs. Other citrus could be subbed for the orange, depending on the season: honey tangerine, clementines, etc. Tip: Best eaten same meal it is prepared since the spinach will turn really soggy. Do not toss the vinaigrette with the salad until just before serving.