1/3 Photos of California Walnut Meringues With Limoncello Buttercream
1 hr 12 mins
Original recipe is from the Canadian branch of the California Walnuts Commission. I cut down the recipe since I only had one egg and tinted the shells green and the filling yellow for a Springtime feel. Note the filling does contain a small amount of alcohol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 32.03 g walnuts
- 48.76 g icing sugar
- 1 egg white, room temperature
- 4.92 ml meringue powder
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 0.25 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 9.85 ml green food coloring (optional)
- 59.14 ml coconut oil
- 118.29 ml icing sugar
- 29.58 ml limoncello
- 4.92 ml lemon extract
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 0.25 ml yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Line a baking sheet with parchment (do not grease or use silicone).
- 2Pulse the walnuts with the icing sugar in a food processor until finely ground, then sift. Set aside.
- 3In a very clean bowl with electric beaters, beat the egg white, meringue powder, sugar and salt until stiff peaks form (this should take 8-10 minutes).
- 4Beat in the vanilla and colouring until well blended.
- 5Gently dust the walnut mixture over the beaten mixture and gently fold it in until the meringue is smooth and shiny.
- 6Transfer to a piping bag (or plastic bag with the corner snipped off) and pipe 3/4" rounds on the parchment.
- 7Tap the baking sheet on a counter gently (to release any trapped air bubbles), then set aside for 15 minutes.
- 8Place in the oven and immediately reduce the oven temperature to 350°F
- 9Bake 10-12 minutes and cool completely on the sheets.
- 10For filling:.
- 11Cream together coconut oil, icing sugar, Limoncello, extract, lemon zest and colouring until creamy.
- 12Chill at least 1 hour before filling the macarons with 1/2 tbsp of the mixture.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Walnut Meringues With Limoncello Buttercream
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.9
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of