Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 709.77 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml salt
- 354.88 ml chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 59.14 ml shortening, softened
- 354.88 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Sift flour with sugar, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in 1-1/4 cups of the walnuts.
- Add egg, shortening, milk and vanilla.
- Mix just until the ingredients are blended.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle remaining walnuts over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Let stand in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.