1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour with sugar, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl.
- 2Stir in 1-1/4 cups of the walnuts.
- 3Add egg, shortening, milk and vanilla.
- 4Mix just until the ingredients are blended.
- 5Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- 6Sprinkle remaining walnuts over the top.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes.
- 8Let stand in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Walnut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4068.5
- Calories from Fat 1689
- Total Fat 187.6 g
- Saturated Fat 34.0 g
- Cholesterol 262.7 mg
- Sodium 5201.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 532.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.9 g
- Sugars 206.3 g
- Protein 83.7 g