Recipe by Amberngriffinco
A different shortbread! It's savory.. Serve with: - sliced pear, blue cheese - use as a crust for an apple tart - candied walnut pieces pressed into top - with wine - with salad - with soup
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup ground california walnut
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup danish blue cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 24 walnut halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, icing sugar, salt and ground walnuts. Whisk until well blended.
- Add butter, blue cheese and lemon zest to the flour mixture. Knead by hand until dough becomes soft and forms into a ball.
- Using a small scoop, portion dough into half-spheres, then press a walnut half into the top of each cookie.
- Bake on a parchment-lined cookie sheet for 27-30 minutes, or until cookies are firm to the touch. Cool on a wire rack.