I call this a California casserole because that is where I was living when I first made it, and I use the frozen California mix vegetables in it.
- Par-boil frozen vegetables.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Whisk in flour, do not brown.
- And add milk, continue to stir.
- Dice cream cheese and slowly add to mixture. Do not boil.
- Continue stirring until mix is smooth.
- Place vegetables in a greased baking dish.
- Pour sauce over veggies.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top and if you like, you can now add a bread crumb topping.
- Bake at 350°F 30 minutes.