Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
The bright, sunny flavors of California are reflected in this turkey scallopini made with turkey breast, avocado, tomatoes and cheese. From Great American Recipes recipe collection
- 1 lb turkey breast, sliced (apx 8 pieces)
- 4 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices tomatoes, Ripe
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 8 slices cheddar cheese, thin
- 4 sprigs parsley
- Pound turkey slices between two sheets of waxed paper until thin.
- Marinate in wine or lemon juice in refrigerator 30 minutes to one hour.
- Beat egg slightly with water. Combine bread crumbs with flour, salt, paprika and parsley.
- Dip turkey slices in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture. Chill for 1 hour.
- In large skillet heat 2 Tbl olice oil. Saute turkey about 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove to shallow baking pan.
- Place tomato and avocado on each turkey scallopini, then top with cheese.
- Place under broiler until cheese melts.
- Arrange on platter or individual plates, allowing 2 slices per person. Garnish with fresh parsley.
So moist and delicious! Chilling the breast before frying it made a difference. I used canned tomatoes and didn't have avocado but it came out wonderful. Thanks for a great recipe!
Made this for Spring PAC 2011. I used dry white wine to marinate my turkey slices for about 25 minutes and mixed bread crumbs with flour and panko crumbs (for some crunch) and the seasonings. I used the toppings and this was sooooooo easy and good! Thank you for submitting the recipe.
Excellent!!!! I used swiss cheese and skipped the avocado. The wine marinade was delicious! Thank you for sharing