The bright, sunny flavors of California are reflected in this turkey scallopini made with turkey breast, avocado, tomatoes and cheese. From Great American Recipes recipe collection
- 1 lb turkey breast, sliced (apx 8 pieces)
- 4 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices tomatoes, Ripe
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 8 slices cheddar cheese, thin
- 4 sprigs parsley
- Pound turkey slices between two sheets of waxed paper until thin.
- Marinate in wine or lemon juice in refrigerator 30 minutes to one hour.
- Beat egg slightly with water. Combine bread crumbs with flour, salt, paprika and parsley.
- Dip turkey slices in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture. Chill for 1 hour.
- In large skillet heat 2 Tbl olice oil. Saute turkey about 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove to shallow baking pan.
- Place tomato and avocado on each turkey scallopini, then top with cheese.
- Place under broiler until cheese melts.
- Arrange on platter or individual plates, allowing 2 slices per person. Garnish with fresh parsley.
So moist and delicious! Chilling the breast before frying it made a difference. I used canned tomatoes and didn't have avocado but it came out wonderful. Thanks for a great recipe!
Made this for Spring PAC 2011. I used dry white wine to marinate my turkey slices for about 25 minutes and mixed bread crumbs with flour and panko crumbs (for some crunch) and the seasonings. I used the toppings and this was sooooooo easy and good! Thank you for submitting the recipe.
Excellent!!!! I used swiss cheese and skipped the avocado. The wine marinade was delicious! Thank you for sharing