Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love sushi, and can only make it on special occasions since I am restricted from eating too much rice. But this is good and I would eat it every day if I could get away with it!!! Making the sushi rice is most of the work since the rolls put together in a snap!
- 1 sheet toasted nori
- 78.07 ml prepared sushi rice
- 28.34 g sashimi grade tuna, sliced
- 2 piece peeled English cucumbers (2 to 3, matchstick sized pieces)
- 2 piece sliced avocados (2 to 3)
- 7.39 ml mayonnaise
- 7.39 ml wasabi powder
- 14.79 ml pickled ginger (optional)
- 14.79 ml grated daikon radish (optional)
- 4.92 ml wasabi paste (optional)
- 14.79 ml soy sauce (optional)
- Place toasted nori (shiny side down) on rolling mat.
- Cover center of nori with sushi rice.
- Mix together mayo with wasabi powder to make wasabi mayo.
- Spread wasabi mayo over rice.
- Place a row of tuna, cucumber and avocado over rice.
- Roll up nori using mat, and moisten the farthest edge of exposed nori to form a seal.
- Slice into serving pieces.
- Serve garnished with pickled ginger, daikon radish, wasabi, and soy sauce, if desired.
I love this combination. It's one of my favorites. The recipe intro is exactly right; making the rice is the most difficult part. Rolling, especially maki-style (as I did) is really a snap. I've been making sushi for awhile now, but I used this recipe to teach my oldest son, who LOVES sushi, how to make it. I garnished the plates with pickled daikon slices (yum), wasabi mayonnaise and pickled ginger slivers. Thanx!
Followed this to the letter and it was absolutely delicious. Will make again, I thought the Wasabi might be overpowering but it wasn't. I even had the paste on the plate too. The only change I made was to the sushi rice, I had no sugar so used honey instead.