Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Not sure where this one came from, but it's a nice, colorful appetizer - and delicious, too! Servings are approximate, cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (can use reduced fat)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red pepper, drained and chopped
- additional red pepper, strips (garnish)
- Line a one-quart dish with plastic wrap.
- Place the garlic and cheeses in a food processor, and process.
- Add oil and thyme, and process again until well combined.
- Spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture in the dish.
- Then spread the pesto over the cheese.
- Spread another 1/3 of the cheese mixture over the pesto.
- Next, layer with the chopped red peppers.
- Finish with the final layer of cheese.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hrs.
- When ready to serve, unmold onto serving plate and garnish with additional red pepper strips, and fresh herbs (thyme or basil) if desired.
- Serve with crackers or raw veggies.
Amazing flavors!! I was easy to prepare and made a very pretty presentation surrounded by crudites. DH loved it so much that he insisted that I make it a regular for entertaining. I can't wait to try this during the summer when I can make my own pesto and fresh thyme is available in my garden. Thanks LorenLou!!
This is a really wonderful appetizer that you can make up in no time. The flavours were deeply Mediterranean, which pleased my guests a lot, and the pesto sauce really made a good addition. Served this with baked pita crisps and crudites and it was all gone in no time! A keeper.