Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped (about 6 cups total)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 mangoes or 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken or 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef, seasoned with
- salt, and
- chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (about 1/4 lime)
- 1⁄2 cup vinaigrette dressing
- 1 cup broken tortilla chips or 1 cup corn kernel
- light sour cream (optional)
- mild salsa (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together lettuce, beans, cheese, avocado, mango, olives, and chicken. Sprinkle with lime juice and dressing and toss thoroughly.
- Top salad with broken chips and, if desired, dollops of sour cream and salsa.
This was very yummy! I liked the flavor the lime juice brought out in it. I used ground turkey seasoned with taco seasoning and "Salad Spritzer" for the vinaigrette. It all went together nicely but felt like it was missing something, not quite sure what - maybe onions or garlic? All in all it is a very good recipe that I will make again! Thanks for sharing!
Delicious! I used lean ground beef and tomatoes in my salad. I liked the addition of the lime juice with the vinaigrette dressing. I also used some salsa and sour cream on top and added some fresh cilantro. I like this version of taco salad better than the catalina one.