Recipe by Sharon123
Yum! Rich and full of flavor! California figs are awesome in this treat. Adapted from the California Fig folks!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
WHAT A WONDERFUL FIGGY TREAT! After making this up several days ago, we have had it as a topping for ice cream & on a dish of homemade apple sauce, as well as over breakfast cereal, & IT'S GREAT however it's eaten! Now that I have a local supply of dried figs, this recipe will be made often! Many thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a recipenap in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #34]
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1 cup chopped dried fig
- 14 ounces fat-free sweetened condensed milk (non-fat)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut (flaked or shredded)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, either in a microwave or in a pre-heating oven.
- Mix in cracker crumbs, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, ground flax seed(if using), and figs; press down in an even layer.
- Pour non-fat sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crumb mixture. Top with coconut and walnuts, pressing down lightly.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 25-30 minutes or until toasty brown. Cool.
- Serve from pan in small squares or break into toffee-like pieces.
- Enjoy like candy, or trail mix, or top fresh fruit or ice cream with this California sweet treat!