Recipe by doobtones #2
I think I got this recipe from a magazine several years ago. It has typical California ingredients such as avocados, almonds and oranges and combines them in a delicious way.
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first nine ingredients in small bowl and whisk together until well-blended. This is the dressing. Set aside. Toast almonds if you have not already done so.
- In serving bowl, place salad greens and top with sliced avocados and orange pieces. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss. Place salad in individual serving bowls and top with almonds, cheese and onion.