Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A keeper. Delicious!
Make and share this California-Style Fish Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 6 skinless mahi mahi fillets (6 to 8 oz. each)
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 7.39 ml kosher salt
- 3.69 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 18 tortillas (homemade or store-bought)
For Chipotle Pico de Gallo
- 236.59 ml medium-dice tomato (seeded before dicing)
- 19.71 ml minced red onions
- 2.46 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 canned chipotle pepper, minced
- salt, to taste
- 14.79 ml cilantro, chiffonade
For the Avocado cream
- 2 ripe avocados (peeled and pitted)
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- For Fish: Pat fish dry and combine in a nonreactive bowl with lime juice, white wine and garlic. Set aside to marinate about 10 to 15 minutes.
- When fish is ready, remove it from the marinade, pat dry, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Rub with olive oil. Place fish on grill and cook for 5 to 8 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fillet), then flip with a spatula in one swift motion and cook another 5 to 8 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from grill, cut into strips and place in tortillas. Let guests add toppings.
- For the pico: Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and stir to combine.
- For the Avocado Cream: Place in a food processor, and blend until smooth.