California-Style Fish Tacos
- For Fish: Pat fish dry and combine in a nonreactive bowl with lime juice, white wine and garlic. Set aside to marinate about 10 to 15 minutes.
- When fish is ready, remove it from the marinade, pat dry, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Rub with olive oil. Place fish on grill and cook for 5 to 8 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fillet), then flip with a spatula in one swift motion and cook another 5 to 8 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from grill, cut into strips and place in tortillas. Let guests add toppings.
- For the pico: Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and stir to combine.
- For the Avocado Cream: Place in a food processor, and blend until smooth.