Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A keeper. Delicious!
Make and share this California-Style Fish Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 6 skinless mahi mahi fillets (6 to 8 oz. each)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 18 tortillas (homemade or store-bought)
For Chipotle Pico de Gallo
- 1 cup medium-dice tomatoes (seeded before dicing)
- 4 teaspoons minced red onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 canned chipotle pepper, minced
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chiffonade
For the Avocado cream
- 2 ripe avocados (peeled and pitted)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- For Fish: Pat fish dry and combine in a nonreactive bowl with lime juice, white wine and garlic. Set aside to marinate about 10 to 15 minutes.
- When fish is ready, remove it from the marinade, pat dry, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Rub with olive oil. Place fish on grill and cook for 5 to 8 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fillet), then flip with a spatula in one swift motion and cook another 5 to 8 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from grill, cut into strips and place in tortillas. Let guests add toppings.
- For the pico: Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and stir to combine.
- For the Avocado Cream: Place in a food processor, and blend until smooth.