A keeper. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 skinless mahi mahi fillets (6 to 8 oz. each)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 18 tortillas (homemade or store-bought)
For Chipotle Pico de Gallo
- 1 cup medium-dice tomato (seeded before dicing)
- 4 teaspoons minced red onions
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 canned chipotle pepper, minced
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chiffonade
For the Avocado cream
- 1For Fish: Pat fish dry and combine in a nonreactive bowl with lime juice, white wine and garlic. Set aside to marinate about 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2When fish is ready, remove it from the marinade, pat dry, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3Heat a grill to medium-high. Rub with olive oil. Place fish on grill and cook for 5 to 8 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fillet), then flip with a spatula in one swift motion and cook another 5 to 8 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from grill, cut into strips and place in tortillas. Let guests add toppings.
- 4For the pico: Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and stir to combine.
- 5For the Avocado Cream: Place in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California-Style Fish Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (559 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1552.6
- Calories from Fat 487
- Total Fat 54.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 236.0 mg
- Sodium 3170.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 175.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.2 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 86.2 g